Careers at Luther Consulting
Software Engineer in Test (SET)
We have an opening for a full-time position for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) in our Software Development department to lead the development of our automated testing efforts. Our current development efforts are focused on development using SQL Server, REST, React, Node, Typescript, and Java. We use the Scrum framework for our development process. Our applications focus on data collection as well as data visualization, presentation, and reporting. What’s fun and challenging in the area we work is that our customers vary from small community organizations to researchers at The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta. Figuring out how to have data make sense to various groups so that they can use the data to plan programs and prevent the spread of disease is very challenging. It’s also rewarding knowing we’re helping our customers and our community. Our customers are really cool people who are very patient, but have very complex needs. We foresee increased focus on developing novel ways for users to interact with the data collected by our systems.
We’d like to hear more about you and share what we have to offer if you have the following experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in at least one strongly typed programming language (Java is preferred) with the ability to learn new techniques and languages quickly.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in software testing and/or developing automated UI tests.
- Understanding of how to select features that are good candidates for automated testing.
Helpful Skills or Knowledge
- Understanding of SQL.
- Experience with Rest APIs.
- Experience with Selenium-based test automation tools like Selenide.
- Experience with tools and processes used to report and monitor automation test successes and failures, such as Allure.
- Experience with performance testing tools (e.g., JMeter) and/or integration testing tools (e.g., Postman).
- Experience with ticket tracking tools (e.g., JIRA) and integrating automation with tracking tools.
- Experience with or the desire to develop skills with test environment provisioning and configuring, using technologies like Ansible, Docker/Podman, Jenkins, and supplemental technologies.
- Lead the development of new automation tooling and infrastructure in collaboration with other team members.
- Implement new automation framework features with little guidance.
- Help team members integrate automation efforts into existing processes.
- Contribute to automation test strategies for new features and help the team identify useful test cases that identify and isolate faults.
- Identify test gaps and prioritize adding coverage based on areas of risk.
- Provide input into testing the security and scalability of our products.
- Investigate and resolve test failures, report defects when appropriate, and help ensure that our automation system is reliable.
- Participate in design and code reviews to help other team members to understand the technical direction of automated testing.
- Maintain automated test jobs in an automated deployment pipeline.
- Build trust and maintain relationships with all Scrum team members.
- Assist customer support specialists with escalated customer issues by reading logs, explaining intended behaviors, and identifying defects.
- Perform manual testing, as needed, to help the Scrum team meet sprint goals.
- Collaborate with all departments and perform other tasks, as needed, to help the team reach company goals or contract deadlines.
As a Federal Contractor subject to the requirements of Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, signed on September 9, 2021, Luther Consulting requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Consequently, all applicants must be fully vaccinated to be considered for a phone interview. The successful applicant must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment at Luther Consulting.
Learn about Luther Consulting
Learn about our work environment